Sunday, May 31, 2015

Review: E.L.F Beautifully Bare Foundation Serum!

Lightweight & Natural!

E.L.F Beautifully Bare Foundation Serum
Once in a while I like to stop by the "What's New" section on the E.L.F website and to my surprise this foundation was there waiting for me to order it haha ;-) The E.L.F Beautifully Bare Foundation Serum retails for $8 and there's only 3 available shades at the moment. The site states that it's limited so if you like what you read make sure to place your order asap. 
Off the bat I loved the fact that water was one of the top ingredients! It keeps the consistency lightweight which is exactly what I want for the summer time. It also has Dimethicone which gives it that "serum" like feel and allows the foundation to go on smoothly. 
E.L.F Beautifully Bare Foundation Serum
The foundation is pretty liquidy so I used the E.L.F Studio Powder Brush to apply it and it was perfect! One layer evened out my skintone but didn't cover much. I had to apply a second layer to get it to my liking but my freckles and dark spots were still noticeable.
E.L.F Beautifully Bare Foundation Serum
I chose the color light/medium which was a little too light for me. It seemed more of a light and the following color seemed too dark so I hope they release more colors in the future.
E.L.F Beautifully Bare Foundation Serum
I used primer, powder and a setting spray like I do with all my foundations and it held up super well! The finish is very beautiful, not matte but not super luminous... right in between which made my skin look so youthful. It actually didn't feel like I had anything on which is awesome! 

Bottom line:  I really enjoyed this foundation! If you have imperfections that you want covered this is not the foundation for you. It's very light and not buildable. It feels amazing on and wears well. For days that I just need to even out my skintone and head out the door this would be perfect. It's beautiful, natural and comfortable. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment