Saturday, June 21, 2014

Must Haves: Ulta Color Pure Eye Shadows!

Pigments Without The Mess!

Ulta Color Pure Eye Shadows
When I think of pigments I think of shadows that are super messy and difficult to work with. It was a breath of fresh air when I came across these Ulta Color Pure Eye Shadow Pigments! The packaging is designed to be mess free plus the product is amazing! Now... I'm sure that we all tend to skip on the Ulta Collection products because they're not so raved about but I highly recommend to purchase some (if not all haha) of these! They retail for $10 but normally the Ulta line is on sale plus you can use the $3.50 off $10 coupon too. A new Ulta opened right across the street from  me and they were having their Grand Opening! They had coupons for the first 100 customers and I managed to get a $15 off my purchase which explains all of these pigments haha. In addition to the coupon these were 2 for $8 so I couldn't pass them up! (They are still on sale until 06/28/2014 online and instore!)
Ulta Color Pure Eye Shadows
So this is what makes this product unique! It has a mechanism that releases the right amount of pigment every time you open the packaging. If you happen to need more just close the cap and tap the bottom... super simple! I'm loving how its a mess free application and they store away easily. The outside packaging is also really cute with the mirrored cap! There's a total of 12 shades in the line, many neutrals and brights too. Here's the shades I picked up! (Click on image to enlarge!)
Ulta Color Pure Eye Shadows
The shades are gorgeous and the pigmentation is pretty amazing! The pigment is so finely milled and free of chunky glitters. I find that they can work alone for a more muted look but to use them to their full capacity I would recommend a base like the Maybelline Color Tattoos! These can be used both wet or dry depending on the look that you're going for. Here are the swatches:
Ulta Color Pure Eye Shadows
*Henna- a taupe brown
*Mesa- a copper brown
*Icing- a milky pink
Ulta Color Pure Eye Shadows
*Olive- a golden olive
*Riviera- a bronze brown
Ulta Color Pure Eye Shadows
*Aloha- a bright blue... truly amazing! One of my favorites!
*Wildflower- a bright purple, another beautiful shade!
 
Bottom line: These were a dream to work with and for pigments they are unlike anything else I've tried! They were all consistent in performance, over a base they lasted all day. The colors are so rich too! I love these and highly recommend them. Make sure to take advantage of the sales Ulta has and coupons, that way you can purchase a bunch at a time! haha :-)










No comments:

Post a Comment