Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2014 Favorites!! What Was I loving?

My Favorite Products Of 2014!

2015 is here guys!! It's a new year full of at least 365 new opportunities so lets make the most of it! :-) 2014 was a great year overall, full of ups and downs but as you get older you grow to appreciate those experiences because it makes you a stronger person in the long run. 
I tried so many new products in 2014 but today I'm going to show you the ones that made a reappearance month after month haha. I truly love all of these and if you're looking for products to try these are some great ones! Let's start with eyes:
My most used palette has to be the Too Faced Chocolate Bar!! I adore this palette! The color selection is amazing and right up my alley. The pigmentation is great and it smells like chocolate...yes chocolate! I have some other shadows that I was loving too like the Milani Bella Eyes, specifically Bella Rouge, Bella Copper and Bella Mandarin. The formula of these is out of this world! I also created a coastal scents palette with similar colors that I used on my wedding day. The Coastal Scents shadows are so affordable and awesome quality. The Wet n Wild Smoke and Melrose Palette was one I used a lot during the fall! It was limited edition but they tend to re-promote certain palettes. Under these shadows I used the LORAC Behind the Scene Eye Primer, my favorite! Lastly for eyes is the L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly mascara! It has a wonderful brush that adds tons of volume and some length too. In the mist of trying new mascaras I always reached for this one.

Now lets move on to face products. My most used foundation isn't even a "foundation" haha. It's the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream in the Combination to Oily Skin formula. For being a BB cream it had great coverage and I used it almost everyday towards the beginning of the year. Towards the end of the year I discovered the Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid- Touch Foundation... hands down my favorite foundation thus far! It has a funky wand which I've grown to love because it simplifies the application. It feels like a serum but dries to a powder but somehow it leaves your skin feeling moisturized! The coverage is awesome, medium coverage and the finish is pretty natural yet flawless too. It's kinda hard to beat but I'll be trying out some new ones in 2015! For my concealer I used Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser. It got the job done each and every time! I love the consistency because even though it's light it covers so well! Under my foundation I started using the Benefit Porefessional. It makes my foundation go on a lot better, holy grail status! Now the product that I was so happy to discover was the bh Cosmetics Matte Finish Pressed Powder... oh my what an outstanding product! I've already repurchased this powder because I can't see myself without it haha. It keeps you matte the entire day and provides additional coverage without making you look cakey. It's also less than $10, normally on sale for about $5 so I highly recommend this powder!
Blush is my favorite makeup product! So you can imagine how difficult it was to just narrow it down to these haha. But let's start off with the only bronzer in the bunch, the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer... amazing! Apart from smelling like chocolate (yum!) it wears so well! It blends effortlessly, and the color is perfect for us light-medium girls. During the first part of the year I wore Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed. It's a blush that goes with everything!  During the summer I busted out my Milani Baked Powder Blushes, specially Rose D 'Oro. The formula is so gorgeous and with a tan it looks stunning! The best deal I found were the Jordana Blush Powders! They are about $2.50 but I remember Jordana having a 30% off sale so I stocked up on few colors. For being so affordable they remind me a lot of the Illamasqua blushes! The are so silky and pigmented.
I wore so many bold, bright lip colors in 2014! More than just loving a specific color I loved the entire line like the Too Faced Melted Lipsticks. My favorite color is Melted Fig, such a great year round shade! The NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams were also another favorite! I always had one of these in my purse haha. My two favorite colors were Morocco and Monte Carlo. They are matte yet hydrating, really enjoyed them! The most affordable lippies I loved were the NYC City Proof Twistable Crayon... obsessed with these! My most worn was Brooklyn Brown Stone, a really pretty brown-nude. If we talk about summer I used the Wet n Wild Fergie lipstick in Cray Cray! It's such a beautiful shade of pink, definitely a favorite. It was limited edition but hopefully they bring it back this year. Lastly we have the Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipsticks, my favorite color was Divine Wine! I wore it all the time during the end of the year and trust me when I say this formula rocks! Maybelline gets an A+ for these!

Woo... that was a lot haha. 
But these were all my favorites in 2014! I would love to hear some of your favorites so make sure to leave me a comment down below. 2015 seems really promising as far as makeup goes. The color of the year alone is perfect! I've already tested out a few products that I'm loving! Stay tuned for some upcoming reviews on the new releases of 2015! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment