Thursday, January 22, 2015

Review: Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect Foundation!

It's Time To Shine... Literally!

Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect Foundation
I haven't been so torn about a makeup product... ever! haha. I've been testing out this NEW Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect Foundation for a few weeks now and here's the deal: I love it but then I find it so odd! There's specks of glitter throughout the foundation you guys... glitter which is so weird to me! The price is pretty steep too, about $15 at the drugstore. Revlon claims that the formula has a light-filtering technology that delivers a poreless, airbrushed look. It's meant to give you a soft focus effect, leaving your face looking luminous and flawless. I must agree with the claims!

Let's start off with the pros :-) The color match is spot on, the best match in a foundation for me thus far! The consistency is not liquidy nor thick, a nice in between which helps provide a solid medium coverage. From far away it looks stunning! My pores aren't as visible, my skin looks natural but everything that needs to be covered is covered! But then you take a closer look and all you see is glitter...everywhere! I pretty much looked like an extra from Twilight honestly. I screamed when I saw all the glitter haha. I had to go to work and I was so terrified that someone would see my sparkling face and ask me what went wrong. But surprisingly I got the sweetest compliments on my makeup that day!
Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect Foundation
Here's what the foundation looks like on, it's amazing what those glitters do because this foundation photographs flawlessly! The soft focus claim is definetely true, great foundation if you're in front of the camera a lot! But... for an ordinary gal like myself with an office job it's a bit out there haha.
Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect Foundation
I wanted to include a close up so you can see the glitters, mainly on my forehead. It's super noticeable up close.

Bottom line: I think this foundation is perfect for special occasions. If you have a wedding coming up or any event where you'll be photographed nonstop this would be your best friend! It looks amazing in pictures. But a sparkling face on the everyday basis is too much. Imagine wearing this foundation under the sun.. eeek! During this time of year for you drier skin girls it may work because it adds a luminous aspect to the skin but I just can't get past the glitter. Have you tried it? What are your thoughts? Leave me a comment down below! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment