Friday, January 30, 2015

Review: Jordana Cosmetics Modern Matte Lipsticks! (+ Swatches!)

Affordable Matte Lippies!

Jordana Cosmetics Modern Matte Lipsticks
Hi everyone!! Today I have an exciting review for you guys on a lipstick line that I have been using non stop lately! These are the Jordana Cosmetics Modern Matte Lipsticks which retail for only $2.49 each... yes just $2.49! You can find them on the Jordana Website ( which offers free shipping on orders over $25!) Walgreen's and Kmart. There's 12 shades in the line at the moment but there's plans for new colors to release at the beginning of Spring which I can't wait for.
Jordana Cosmetics Modern Matte Lipsticks
They come in color coordinated tubes which is so cute and convenient so you know what color you're getting. They twist up and down but they have a clicking aspect to them like the bh Cosmetics lipsticks I recently reviewed which makes it feel sturdier and gives you a better application.
Jordana Cosmetics Modern Matte Lipsticks
These are without a doubt really pigmented... I can't believe the color payoff of a $2.49 lipstick! I'm truly impressed! Out of all the matte lipsticks released these are one of my favorites. The formula is so smooth and opaque in 1 to 2 swipes, simply amazing. These are very long wearing! I've put multiple colors to the test and after talking, eating etc they were still there at the end of the day. If compared to the Maybelline Matte Lipsticks I find that these don't have that slip like the Maybelline ones which helps with the longevity. I wouldn't say they're a true matte because on the lips they have the slightest sheen. I would place them in the satin matte category haha. Plus... they have a really yummy vanilla scent!
Among all these wonderful things there's one con I'd like to point out. Even though the formula is so fabulous, it's not consistent within the line. I find that certain shades may look patchy or others may tug a little during application but honestly it's not a deal breaker for me. 
Lets get into the lip swatches:
Jordana Cosmetics Modern Matte Lipsticks
*Matte Bare- a pink-brown nude shade... gorgeous! This is one my favorites, so creamy and pairs so well with different eye looks!
*Matte Tease- a more pink nude shade, really pretty! So comfortable on the lips.
Jordana Cosmetics Modern Matte Lipsticks
*Matte Classy- a true mauve shade, another wearable shade. Great for a "my lips but better" look!
*Matte Popular- a really bright pink, great summer shade. This one was slightly patchy though.
Jordana Cosmetics Modern Matte Lipsticks
*Matte It Girl- a bright fuchsia... love this color! I was most excited for this color but it did tug a bit. I tried to go over the lip swatch to make sure it looked even but it was really hard to perfect.
*Matte Dare- a deeper berry shade, so stunning! I can see this color becoming a favorite for most. It was a bit patchy at first but after building up the color it looked good.
Jordana Cosmetics Modern Matte Lipsticks
*Matte Pretty- a terracotta shade, really different from the rest which I like. It tugged a bit when applying but that color is worth it!
*Matte Style- a true blue based red, another favorite! It looks so good on and went on really creamy. This color also makes your teeth look ultra white!

Bottom line: Overall I highly recommend these! It's a great affordable line with amazing color payoff. I've tried higher end lipsticks that don't even compare to the quality of these. These are creamy, long wearing and the color selection is pretty extensive. I'm a huge fan! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment