Saturday, January 17, 2015

Review: L'Oreal Infallible Eye Crayons! (+Swatches!)

Long Wearing Eye Crayons!


L'Oreal Infallible Eye Crayons
Eye crayons are one of the most convenient makeup products to have for someone who's always on the go. I personally own a few from other brands but still find myself reaching for my Maybelline Color Tattoos haha, it's a habit. I wanted to break out of routine and try something new so I picked up two of the L'Oreal Infallible Eye Crayons. There's about eight shades in the line but I decided on the two that seemed the most unique unique to me.... plus they were about $8 each so I had a budget haha.
L'Oreal Infallible Eye Crayons
L'Oreal claims that they can be worn as both shadows and liners and they also last up to 24 hours... 24 hours?! I don't know about you but I don't plan on having my makeup on for that long :-P They are a really creamy product and extremely pigmented! I have worn them both ways and really like them. They are definitely smudge proof and long wearing ( idk about 24 hours though haha) but they last a good 6-8 hours. The colors are so vibrant and full of dimension, just like the infallible shadows. I'm a fan!
L'Oreal Infallible Eye Crayons
What I don't like is that you have to sharpen them, it's just an extra step that can get annoying. Plus my sharpener always goes missing when I need it the most haha. Here are the swatches:
L'Oreal Infallible Eye Crayons
*Impressive Brown- a unique pewter brown, looks really pretty all over the lid creating a neutral smokey eye!
*Resilient Green- a gorgeous emerald green, my favorite! This is the most unique color from the line. I used it as a liner for a pop of color and it looked stunning. Imagine this color all over the lid...!!
 L'Oreal Infallible Eye Crayons
Here's what Impressive Brown looks like on! The look came together in less than 3 mins, just placed the shadow all over the lid and through a neutral brown in the crease. It's so easy to blend to!

Bottom line- I wouldn't repurchase anymore but the two that I have a really enjoy, specially Resilient Green. I really like the formula and the beautiful metallic finish they have. I also wanted to point out I feel like these work best alone instead of being layered with shadows. They have enough dimension to them to stand out and they don't crease! What are your thoughts? Have you tried them or plan to? Leave me a comment down below :-)

4 comments:

  1. There are just so many things at the drugstore. I've been looking for these cause I love shadow sticks!

    Little Beauty Bug | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I love this time of year haha but it's so hard to find everything, good luck! These are really good :-)

      Delete
  2. I have been looking for these at my local cvs/walgreens! Havent spotted them yet! The impressive brown looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you find them soon! :-) I've been using the impressive brown a lot recently!

      Delete