Monday, January 12, 2015

Review: Wet n Wild Fergie Velvet Matte Lip Color in DJ Doll!

New From Wet n Wild!

Today I have a review on the NEW Wet n Wild Fergie Velvet Matte Lip Colors in DJ Doll! I found a full display of all the new items from Wet n Wild at Walgreens...except for the eyeshadows. I really want those palettes haha but lets focus on this lippie for now. They retail for about $3.50 each, not bad! I've been loving a matte lip lately so I was excited to give it a try but sadly I must report that it didn't work out.
I only picked one just to test out even though the shades were all beautiful. I'm trying to push the vampy colors aside and start picking up more spring-like shades which explains this coral one. To start off it has a very unpleasant scent. I can't describe it but it's kinda sour. Secondly, these are a twist up pencil but no need for that since my lipstick completely broke and slides right out the tube. It's pretty creamy which is probably why that happened but c'mon...
Lastly, it's such a greasy formula. I personally didn't get a matte finish whatsoever from this product.
You can see in the swatch that it has a glossier finish which is a bit misleading. It also has shimmer that transfers onto the lip. It's sheer-ish wash of color which I wasn't expecting. Overall, I just wasn't a fan.
It goes on a bit patchy too. Ugh.. it sucks because this would've been a pretty color if the formula was better.

Bottom line- I would pass on this color. I only tried one and it doesn't make me wanna try anymore. Maybe the other colors are better. If you've tried them, what are your thoughts? It's been a while since I've disliked a product this much but it's part of the trial and error process! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment