Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Review: Wet n Wild Fergie Around The Clock Blushes! (+ Swatches!)

New Wet n Wild Blushes!

Wet n Wild Fergie Around The Clock Blushes
Blush is my weakness so when I see affordable brands like Wet n Wild release some I'm on it like white on rice! ;-) Wet n Wild Fergie came out with three NEW blushes called the Around The Clock Blushes and at first glance the shades are stunning! I found the display at my local Walgreens and they were only $4.99 each. I also used a $1 off coupon that was attached to the display so make sure to keep your eyes peeled for that! They are packaged just like their Fergie eyeshadow quints, really slim and compact. There's no mirror nor applicator which I prefer.
Wet n Wild Fergie Around The Clock Blushes
How pretty are these colors?! I've worn them for the past week or so and here are my thoughts! There's no doubt that the colors are beautiful but the formula is so-so. As soon as you dip your brush into the product it becomes powder central. The fall out is unbelievable. I had to really try to build up the color, not because of lack of pigmentation but because of the texture. They're kinda crumbly so not much tends to stick to my brush. When you finally get the color on your cheeks it looks ah-may-zing though! On the back of the blush it says that they last 10 hours, I would have to agree! I've worn them to work and when I get back the color is still pretty visible. Here's a closeup of each color:
Wet n Wild Fergie Around The Clock Blushes
*Brush with Destiny- a neutral- beige blush with flecks of shimmer. I like this one for balancing out a darker eye or a brighter lip. It shows up pretty well after building it up and the shimmer for the most parts also shows up. It's a lovely color, suitable for light to medium skintones.
Wet n Wild Fergie Around The Clock Blushes
*Brush with Danger- a bright blue toned pink. It seems to have just a hint of purple too which makes it more unique! It's a matte finish and you would need a light hand to apply it. It's a beautiful color, can't wait to really use it in the upcoming seasons.
Wet n Wild Fergie Around The Clock Blushes
*Brush with Brilliance- a coral based blush with a golden sheen/shimmer... my favorite! It reminds me so much of an E.L.F holiday kit that had a similar blush but it was limited edition. This shade showed up the best on me. There was fall out and I noticed that the shimmer didn't stick but that golden sheen is everything so I didn't mind!

Here are the swatches:
Wet n Wild Fergie Around The Clock Blushes

Bottom line: I love the colors but the formula needs some tweaking. For being $5 they're good but not the best out there. I've heard that they may be dupes for higher end blushes like the Nars ones so that would be a great buy if true! I've compared them to other affordable blushes that I love like the Jordana Powder Blushes and honestly as far as texture goes the Jordana ones are better. As always it's a preference thing. I'm happy to see the blushes be part of their Fergie line and hopefully they will release other colors in the future to compare! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment