Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Review: ELF Baked Eyeshadows!

Best Single Shadows!

ELF Baked Eyeshadows

If you're like me you tend buy palettes over single eye shadows. You get more for your buck and it's convenient to have everything in one place. But... I was curious to try some single shadows so I ordered the ELF Baked Eye shadows. I heard a lot of great things about these so I was excited to test them out. They're only $3 but I was able to get them on sale so they were only $1.50!
The packaging is super simple and compact. The last thing you want is something that's difficult to store away haha. You get a lot of product for the price so I find that these are worth it! They are highly pigmented and smooth! They look beautiful on and I find that you an create a "one eyeshadow look" with these. I actually would compare these to Urban Decay shadows. The pigmentation is comparable and some shadows resemble a few from previous Urban Decay palettes!
I've tried some other shadows from ELF but I wouldn't recommend those. I've tried the single shadows from their studio line and those are not as good. The $1-$2 palettes from their Essential line are a hit or miss too. I haven't had any problems when using these baked shadows. They look amazing straight from the pan or foiled with a bit of water. I tried the baked eye shadow palettes from ELF but they are horrible! They are not pigmented what so ever so I would pass on those and just buy your favorite colors in the single form! Here are the swatches of the ones that I own:
ELF Baked Eyeshadows

These are the swatches over primer! They look amazing! :-)
From left to right:
*Toasted- A bronze/gold color (my favorite!)
*Passion Purple- A bright purple
*Burnt Plum- A brown shade with a burgundy tone
* Pixi- A light pink color

Bottom line: I would recommend these! If you just want to put a wash on color on your lids on those days that you need to be out the door these are perfect, specially Toasted! You don't have to put to much thought when using these. Instead of being overwhelmed with all the colors in a palette you just use one of these and you'll still look like you spent some time on your make up! The color selection is great and for the price I would recommend to try a few! You can order these from their website or purchase them at Walmart or Target. I can't wait for ELF to release some new colors! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment