Monday, February 24, 2014

Review: Milani Eye Tech Perfection Liquid Liner!

A Liquid Liner With A Twist!

Milani Eye Tech Perfection Liquid Liner

Liquid liner is one of the trickiest things for me! I've had years to practice but it hasn't been perfected yet haha. Nonetheless, I'm always looking for the best liquid liner that makes application a breeze but is also opaque. This Milani Eye Tech Perfection Liquid Liner was a bit tricky to use at first but I'm slowly getting the hang of it! Milani wasn't the first makeup brand to release a liquid liner like this, I believe NYX also has one in their line. The concept for this liner is to make application super easy due to the handle, regardless if you're left or right handed. It has a felt tip that is a nice length and pointy making it easy to get a thin line or a thicker line too. The liner retails for $7.49 which is about average for a drugstore product.
Here's a close up on the liquid liner and the tip:
Milani Eye Tech Perfection Liquid Liner
Milani Eye Tech Perfection Liquid Liner
It fits perfectly in the palm of your hand. Initially I didn't think I would like the shape of the liner but when I first drew the line it was like second nature for me. I was able to rest my index finger on the liner comfortably which gave me enough stability to draw a precise line. Now, everything was fine when I used my right hand but when I used my left hand...that's a whole different story haha. It felt foreign when I tried drawing the line with my left hand. Instead of just drawing a line with one swipe I had to do it little by little. The good thing about this liner is that the felt tip is longer than most liners. So I didn't have to get too close to my eye to the point where it was uncomfortable. I just think, like anythig new, you have to get use to it! :-)
Here's what the liner looks like swatched:
Milani Eye Tech Perfection Liquid Liner
The liner is really opaque! It's really black and dries to semi-matte finish. I don't like the liners that have a glossy finish because it leans to a plastic look. This one doesn't look like that so that's a plus! You don't have to tug on your eye to get the line, it goes on really smooth. Milani only has one color at the moment, 01 Black.
 
Bottom line: I really like this liner! I've had it for about 2 weeks and I got use to it. I really enjoy the color payoff  and how thin of a point it has for those days where you don't want such a visible line. It's also perfect for winging out your liner! I used the Maybelline Line Stiletto Liner but it's been difficult to find at the drugstore, I'm actually not sure if they still sell it. This Milani liner has been a great alternative...I kinda like it better! I ordered mine from milanicosmetics.com but you should be able to find it at your local drugstores. Give it a try! :-)

 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment