Friday, February 14, 2014

Review: Kat Von D Esperanza Eyeshadow Palette!

Perfect For Spring!

Kat Von D Esperanza Palette
I was so excited to try out a Kat Von D palette! I heard great things about her makeup line and this palette was released just in time! Spring is just around the corner and I wanted something with bright colors. The Esperanza Palette has eight eye shadows; a nice mix of mattes, pearls and glitters. This is a great addition to my collection since most of my palettes are neutrals! The packaging was the first thing that caught my eye! It's so detailed and beautiful just like Kat Von D's work! It's compact so it doesn't take up a lot of space and its perfect for travel.  It's only $36 plus it's limited edition so I would grab it before it's sold out. I purchased mine from Sephora.com since they have fast shipping!
Kat Von D Esperanza Palette
Here are all the colors! They are all nicely pigmented but some are a bit powdery. It gets a bit messy when using the palette but nothing to make me stray away from it. In the past I had problems with eye shadows with glitter. When applying them you only get the color but not the glitter. With this palette it's not like that. The color payoff is amazing and the glitter also shows up! It's typical to have some fall out when using glitter shadows but it wasn't as bad as other palettes. All the colors mesh together very well... you can definitely get many spring/summer looks from this palette! I love the theme they came up with for this palette! It resembles "El Dia De Los Muertos" or "Day Of The Day" which is a Mexican tradition. Here are the swatches row by row.
Kat Von D Esperanza Palette
From left to right:
*Selena- a medium purple with silver glitter.
*Dayglo- a white/lime duo-chrome with green/gold shimmer. It's an iridescent shade and also considered a "transformer shade". It's pretty cool! It can be used alone or on top of the other shades to change the color a bit.
*Galore- a pearl light peach (perfect all over the lid!).
*Placebo- a medium coral/peach matte shade. It's my favorite shade! Looks great in the crease!
Kat Von D Esperanza Palette
*Santeria- a metallic charcoal gray with teal/silver glitter.
*Archangel- a sea foam green satin shade, really pretty!
*South- a matte beige color, close to my skin tone so it would make a nice highlight shade!
*Dog Roses- a metallic bronze with a bit of a golden sparkle, love it!
 
Here is a look I created with some of the shades! I didn't have a problem blending them, it was pretty simple to create the look :-)
Kat Von D Esperanza Palette

Bottom line: If you are looking for a palette that is perfect for spring and summer this is the one for you! The quality is amazing and you can't beat the price considering it's a higher end palette. This would be all you need for the seasons to come and they last all day for those road trips or nights out we are all looking forward to! I love trying new brands and this palette makes me want to try other things from Kat Von D's line. If this palette is amazing I'm sure the whole line must be! :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment