Thursday, February 27, 2014

Skincare: L'Oreal Revitalift Moisture Blur!

Does It Really Work?!

L'Oreal Revitalift Moisture Blur
I recently turned 24 and I felt the sudden urge to find a skincare routine that was better than the $3 Apricot Scrub from the drugstore haha. I don't have any issues with my skin at the moment, just your typical laugh lines and visible pores. But... it seemed like the perfect time to start using a regimen to prevent wrinkles, dark spots and all of those unwanted signs of aging. I heard great things about the L'Oreal Revitalift Moisture Blur Instant Skin Smoother Moisturizer so I wanted to try it myself. I was a bit hesitant at first because of the price. It retails for $24.99 which is a crazy price but I thought of it as an investment (I needed to justify it right? haha). I ordered from walgreens.com and I managed to get a bit of a deal. They had a BOGO sale on the L'Oreal skincare line so I also purchased a night cream.
 
This moisturizer claims to instantly erase the look of lines and wrinkles. It also blurs your pores and provides 24 hour hydration. It claims to have a Opti-Blur technology that diffuses light on the skin creating a soft-focus blurring effect. On top of that it claims that your skin will instantly look and feel smooth, leaving a velvet soft matte finish that lasts all day. Wow, these are a lot of claims! That was my first thought but after giving this moisturizer a try I'm really impressed!
 
I've been using this everyday for the past week and I've noticed a big difference. The biggest surprise was how hydrated your skin felt throughout the day! With previous moisturizers I felt that the moisture would fade after it sunk into my skin or in other cases it would just stay on the surface of my face making it feel slippery. This feels cooling once applied, sinks into the skin quickly but your skin doesn't feel dry at all as time goes by. The lotion consistency is really light which is a huge plus! I noticed that throughout my work shift my face was mostly matte. Usually within 2-3 hours my oils are making an appearance but after using this moisturizer I noticed that they were controlled! My pores were almost invisible too. My nose was the only area on my face that got oily after many hours, so I just used a blotting powder to take care of it.
 
Bottom line: I really love this product! I think it's worth the money because it does solve so many issues without having to use multiple products. My skin hasn't reacted negatively towards it so this is a keeper. My makeup looks a lot better and my skin no longer has dry patches. For $24.99 you're getting 1.7FL OZ. and a little of this product goes a long way. Even though it's a moisturizer it really works as primer! Give this a try and you'll see that it will improve your makeup routine drastically! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment